Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Donation to the Wounded Warriors’ Project


Barely a month after my book was released by the publisher I filled out a form at the New York City chapter website of The Wounded Warriors’ Project (WWP) to the effect that I wanted to pledge to donate a certain percentage of the book’s accrued royalties to that organization.  Having not heard anything from them, I repeated the same exercise last week, albeit directing it to the Jacksonville, FL site.



Apparently my attempts have been summarily ignored by the organization.  Not prone to give up easily, I sent out the message below to info@woundedwarriorproject.org hoping that I would at least get some feedback of sorts.  I have not heard from them yet so I’m going public with it anyway.  They can sue me for good intentions if they so choose.  I am aware of the clichĂ© that the road to hell is paved with good intentions.



I concede that 25% to 40% of nothing (yet) does not amount to a hill of beans.  I however contend that the intention to share constitutes a decent start for this season of giving, especially that it is about what I have left to give.



=========Begin Excerpt========

My recently (9/12/11) released book constitutes the entirety of my personal estate.  As a modest token of my gratitude and appreciation for their service to my country, I pledge to donate to the Wounded Warriors’ Project (WWP) a percentage of the royalties from the book according to the schedule below.



Wounded Warriors’ Project Donations Schedule:

First 200 copies                   25%

Next 300 copies                          30%

Next 500 copies                          35%

Every copy thereafter         40%



This schedule applies to BOTH the electronic and printed editions tallied separately.



I would like to publicize the Pledge on the book's website, http://www.flirtingwithmisadventures.com/aboutthissite.htm Please advise should you foresee any legal impediments or untoward ramifications to this scheme. 



Your feedback would be most gratefully appreciated.

Dated 12-December-2011 in Coram, NY.



With a song in my heart: regards & carpe diem,

C. Stan Asumen. Jr.


Being connected makes all the difference!

=========End Excerpt========

No comments:

Post a Comment